It’s no secret I love love love garlic, so when homecookedem very kindly asked me to be this week’s Blogger Secret Ingredient hostess, I knew right away which ingredient to choose.
Incorporating garlic is such a fun and easy way to add flavor to any meal. I’m so excited to see everyone’s entries this week, and hopefully I’ll find some I want to try out :)
The basic idea of the BSI is for you all to submit a recipe you’ve created that features garlic as an ingredient. Email me your recipe with a picture and a link to your blog if you have one.
- The host picks an ingredient, preferably one that is in season, readily available, and not too expensive.
- The host links back to all the other previous weekly hosts.
- Participants create a unique recipe using the BSI and e-mail the host with their recipes.
- You do not have to have a food blog to participate, and you do not have to submit a photograph (although it is preferred).
- If you don’t have a blog, you can submit your recipe to the host, and she will post your recipe for you on her blog.
- The host reviews the recipe submissions by Sunday night of each week.
- The hosts pick a recipe that is her favorite.
- The host posts the winner Monday morning and sends the winner a token prize of her choosing.
Make sure you visit all of these fabulous bloggers that have hosted the secret ingredient week in the past.
Week 59: homecookedem—Cinnamon
Week 58: The Balance Broad – Flax
Week 57: CookinFanatic – Bleu Cheese
Week 56: Foodie In the City – Ricotta Cheese
Week 55: Savvy Eats- Maple Syrup
Week 54: Sound Eats – Dried Fruit
Week 53: MegaNerdRuns – Acorn Squash
Week 52: Healthy Tipping Point – Pancake Mix
Week 51: Live, Laugh Eat – Almond Butter
Week 50: Balance, Joy and Delicias! – Cauliflower
Week 49: Healthy San Diego Living – Chickpeas
Week 48: Thought 4 Food – Yogurt
Week 47: London Foodie in New York – Chocolate
Week 46: Johnstone’s Vin Blanc – Oats
Week 45: Guilty Kitchen – Figs
Week 44: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet – Peanut Butter
Week 43: The Sophisticated Gourmet – Brown Sugar
Week 42: My Kitchen Addiction – Lime
Week 41: Nutmeg Nanny – Coffee
Week 40: Chaya’s Comfy Cook – Broccoli
Week 39: Healthy Delicious – Plums
Week 38: Zoe – Feta
Week 37: ChezWhat- Potatoes
Week 36: Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice – Blueberries
Week 35: Girlichef -Greens
Week 34: The Ungourmet – Watermelon
Week 33: Bread + Butter – Bell Pepper
Week 32: Burp and Slurp -Corn
Week 31: Say Yes to Salad – Kabocha
Week 31 1/2: Simply Fabulous Now– Cherries
Week 30: Thinspired – Bananas
Week 29: To Be The Whole Package – Almonds
Week 28: Kristas Kravings – Lemon
Week 27: From French Fries To Flax Seeds – Coconut
Week 26: Plentiful Plants – Avocado
Week 25: Training Fuel – Eggs
Week 24: Dinner at Christina’s – Cabbage
Week 23: Hey What’s for Dinner, Mom? – Strawberries
Week 22: One Bite at a Time – Basil
Week 21: Just Sweet Enough – Black Beans
Week 20: What I Ate Yesterday – Kale
Week 19: What’s for Dinner – Orange
Week 18: Bran Appetit!–Spinach
Week 17: Tales of Expansion -Dates
Week 16: Biggest Diabetic Loser – Zucchini
Week 15: Sweet & Natural –Peppermint
Week 14: bella eats [and runs] – Ginger
Week 13: Coffee Talk – Walnuts
Week 12: For the Love of Oats – Pumpkin
Week 11: Trying to Heal – Sweet Potatoes
Week 10: The Inner Workings of a College Graduate – Eggplant
Week 9: Itzy’s Kitchen – Pears
Week 8: The Fitnessista – Cranberries
Week 7: Tri to Cook – Lentils
Week 6: Rhodey Girl Tests – Polenta
Week 5: Eating Bender – Butternut Squash
Week 4: Care to Eat – Apples
Week 3: On a Lobster Placemat – Mushrooms
Week 2: Hangry Pants – Tomatoes
Week 1: sportsnutritionliving – Quinoa
- Please e-mail me (email@example.com) when you post your BSI recipe on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, send me your recipe and picture
- You have until Sunday, December 13th at 10 PM EST to enter
- Recipes will be posted on Monday morning along with the winner.
What’s in it for you??? The BSI winner will receive a Foodie Goodie Basket that will include a mini food processor, some Lindt A Touch of Sea Salt chocolate, a jar of Almond Butter, and a few surprise goodies.
Get cookin’ and send me your entries!