Look at me blogging about something that happened less than a week ago! I’m getting so much better at this blogging thing!
Sunday was, as we all know, Mother’s Day. I must say I’m pretty sure I got the best mom in the world. I know so many people say that, and I honestly think it’s true for everyone who says it. Some things I love about my mom:
- She always wants to have home-cooked meals for me when I’m home. And she always wants for us to eat together at the kitchen table. I may complain about this sometimes, but I know it’s really for the best.
- She always wants me to come into her room and say good night to her every night.
- She still asks me to call when I get to school safely, and call before I leave to come home so that she knows when to expect me home. Again, this is one thing that I may have complained about before but I do know it’s just because she loves me and worries about me.
- She always checks with me to make sure my car has gas before I leave for college.
- She is extremely supportive of me through my weight loss.
- She is also very supportive and proud of me about my training for the Peachtree and running it.
- She always wants to do things with me like getting pedicures or going shopping. She even painted pottery with me last summer.
- She has always put her family before herself, working longer hours to allow for wonderful family vacations. I know she sacrifices for her family and I don’t thank her enough for that.
- She’s not like most people when she offers to let you choose which slice of cake you want before her. You know how most people ask you to choose first because they know you’ll pick the smaller one just to be polite? Well she’d let you have both pieces if that’s what you really wanted.
- She’s put up with me for over 21 years!!!
Okay, enough of the sappiness (is that a word? Spell check thinks it is…). I’ll spare you anymore mushy mush and just show some pictures from the day.
Mom wanted salmon and shrimp with sweet potatoes, so that’s what she got!
I also made this margarita cake (don’t worry, it’s non-alcoholic!). It’s got a pretzel crust, and was aMAZing! It’s not low-cal, but totally worth it if you want to splurge a little. You can get the recipe here.
I think it’s time to give an actual update on how I’m doing health-wise. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get one up. Losing weight is quite a journey for me, and I’m happy to report things have been going well these past few months.